[CentOS] USB or PCI dialup modem supported by Centos

Tue Dec 2 01:02:28 UTC 2008
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 6:48 PM, Ramon Nieto <rnieto.linux at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Well, you never mentioned broadband or wireless... Your original post
>> only referred to "USB or PCI dialup modems".
>
>  That's correct Miguel, in my original post i only referred to USB or
> PCI dialup modems. Lanny mentioned wireless broadband.

No intention (or desire) to hijack your thread, but, based on our
experience last week, with our ADSL being down, for most of 3 days, I
hope you will look at the idea of switching away from ADSL, if HSDPA
is available to your location. Or, having HSDPA as an alternate
access. Not being dependent on cables, etc., has a lot of strong
points. If it goes down, it is either at your location, a nearby
repeater, or their base. Very easy to troubleshoot!