[CentOS] Yum upgrade inside firewall

Wed Dec 3 17:35:29 UTC 2008
ne... <guhvies at gmail.com>

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 16:48, mcclnx mcc <mcclnx at yahoo.com.tw> wrote:
> We have several CENTOS 4.X which inside Firewall.  I can NOT run "yum"
> inside firewall to upgrade O.S. to new release.
>
> Does there has way I can download all RPM to otherside firewall server then
> transfer those files into servers inside firewall and upgrade.
>
> Anyone have procedure dicuments or website can be reference?
Sure download the rpms and tranfer to a machine behind the firewall.
Use createrepo, I believe, to create a local repository. Point the servers
behind the firewall to this machine and use yum to update.

ne...
Now accepting personal mail for GMail invites.
Bob Dole  - "The internet is a great way to get on the net."