[CentOS] Help on deleting partitions

Thu Dec 4 09:13:06 UTC 2008
Thomas Iverson <ghosthomas at gmail.com>

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 1:35 PM, Mário Gamito <gamito at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have this dual boot Vista-CentOS.
>
> I have one NTFS for Vista, and three for CentOS.
> I boot to both OS through grub.
>
> Unfortunately, I'm going to need the CentOS space for Vista :( :( :(
>
> So my question is: if I remove the CentOS partitions *from within Vista*
> with its tool for it, will I be able to still boot Vista ?
>
> Is grub going to disappear ?
>
> If so, will Vista replace it for its own boot manager, thus allowing to
> boot it ?
>
> Or what ?
>
> I've googled about it, but couldn't find a definitive answer and I can't
> afford losing my Vista data.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Warm Regards,
> Mário

if you wanna delete linux partitions completely , you will
unfortunately can't load vista when you start up , the reason is ,
grub itself won't disappear , but grub can't load configuration file
which placed under /boot ( because you deleted it )

don't panic , anyway , you won't lose your files on vista , you can
fix the MBR with Windows' own tool and it will boot your windows as
normal

i recommend you try this first in your virtual machine , install two
systems , windows for first , linux for second , and delete the linux
partitions , and try to fix the MBR to boot the Windows , when you
made it in your virtual machine , you'll make it in your real one :)

sorry for my poor english , hope you can understand it fully , cheers

--
Keep It Simple Stupid
Thomas X. Iverson