[CentOS] Centos 5.2 on Vmware Server: Disk space not preallocated -> no disk found by installer

Fri Dec 5 14:12:39 UTC 2008
Tru Huynh <tru at centos.org>

On Fri, Dec 05, 2008 at 03:01:46PM +0100, Sven wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> I am trying to install CentOS 5.2 in Vmware Server environment. In my
> VM disk space is not preallocated for the virtual disk (dynamically).
> The installer doesn't find the disk. When preallocating 6 GB there is
> no problem.

1) you are running a windows host
2) you are using a closed source but free software
3) there is no CentOS error message displayed

> Any ideas?
works for me
http://people.centos.org/tru/vmware/centos-5.20081114/

Tru