[CentOS] [OT] Firefox loses plugins, anyone else? Bug? Known?

Fri Dec 5 15:16:09 UTC 2008
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Fri, 2008-12-05 at 15:48 +0100, Matej Cepl wrote:
> On 2008-12-05, 13:22 GMT, William L. Maltby wrote:
> > Got second cup of coffee downed and went to see if the bug was
> > known here
> > https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=specific\
> > &order=relevance+desc&bug_status=__open__&content=plugin
> >
> > Didn't see a match. If someone can confirm, I'll post a bug.
>
> Strange. I am a bug triager of (among others) all gecko-related
> bugs in the RH bugzilla, and I cannot recall to hear about a bug
> like this.
>
> Isn't there something strange about your set-up ($HOME on NFS,
> SELinux issue, ...)?

No NFS active. SELinux would affect all users/apps as far as I can see.
No messages in secure or messages related to anything that looks
appropriate.

The "something strange about your set-up" was one of my thoughts. AFAIK,
it's a "box stock" setup now. However, in the past, I had beta versions
of the 3.0.x installed locally. There was some local manual manipulation
involved in that. I'll be checking against another login that does not
have that history, as a starting point. Subsequent steps will be based
on the results of that, e.g. compare directories, permissions, etc. I
strongly suspect I'll find something there.

> Best,
>
> Matěj Cepl

Thanks for the reply. It's appreciated.

I'll get back as work load permits.