[CentOS] What ever happened to the dkms atheros drivers/

Sat Dec 6 18:57:05 UTC 2008
Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net>

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 06:09:56PM -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> > With  previous  kernels,  I had to use madwifi.
>

> Long back I used the kmod-madwifi patched kernel from atrpms, but then
> we got a dkms loadable madwifi and no more kernel patches. DKMS is how I
> am running my ipw3945 driver on this notebook.

Please note that

a) kmod is not the atrpms method of packaging kernel modules, kmdls is
b) kmdls involve no patching at all, the kmdl packages are just
   add-ons that you can drop into your running kernel.

In fact the end result of kmdls and dkms is not different, both offer
you an additional (set of) kernel module(s).
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net