[CentOS] Suggested yum priorities settings for 3rd party repos

Sun Dec 7 14:31:59 UTC 2008
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

Vandaman wrote on Sun, 7 Dec 2008 11:47:28 +0000 (GMT):

> Third Party Repos ... priority=N  (where N is > 10 and
> based on your preference)
>
> If you have rpmforge, kbs, epel all set up at 10 then wouldn't
> those also potentially overwrite each other if the same package
> exists in all of them?

This is not what he suggests. You choose from "above 10" according to your
*preference*. e.g. rpmforge = 11, epel = 12 etc.
That's also what I do, by accident. But I have the base repo's at 0 and
not 1.
And usually you want to have some gap between the figures, so you can
easily rearrange (use 10, 15, 20 instead of 10,11,12).

I think it's quite clear, but following your question I suggest a small
edit:
Third Party Repos ... priority=N  (where N is > 10 and
based on your preference for that repo)

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany