[CentOS] Suggested yum priorities settings for 3rd party repos

Sun Dec 7 19:05:31 UTC 2008
Vandaman <vandaman2002-sk at yahoo.co.uk>

Akemi Yagi wrote:

> One of my systems have these entries:
>
> rpmforge.repo:priority=40
> kbsingh-CentOS-Extras.repo:priority=50
> kbsingh-CentOS-Misc.repo:priority=50
> atrpms.repo:priority=85
> epel.repo:priority=90
> CentOS-Testing.repo:priority=99
> (not a complete list)
>
> I do use different sets of numbers depending on what a
> given system
> runs.  In addition to the priority scores, use of exclude=
> etc is also
> important if you aim at getting certain packages from a
> repository of
> your choice.

It is this exclude=foo that I'm interested in. If you have
the setup you have described, then one would not need exclude
as the yum priority should take care of versions shouldn't it?

If you have say webmin from webmin.com and there is webmin
in all those repos then it might be good to use exclude but shouldn't
the plugin handle versions between repos?

Regards,
Vandaman.