[CentOS] suspend/resume system crash

Tue Dec 9 15:16:50 UTC 2008
Max Hetrick <maxhetrick at verizon.net>

Sergej Kandyla wrote:

> I've installed CentOS 5.2 i386 (with all updates) on notebook Fujutsu
> Siemens Esprimo  U9200
> Suspending works normal, but after resuming my system crashes.
> There are  no messages about that in /var/log/messages, only after
> reboot system I see in gnome:

I have a ThinkPad, but I've never been able to get suspend/resume to
work right with CentOS. Hibernation, however, worked fine for me until I
started using disk encryption. Now, it too bombs because it can't wake
up my encrypted file systems.

Have you tried seeing if hibernation works? I know it's not the same,
but I know I've never had a laptop that suspend/resume worked when using
CentOS.

Regards,
Max