[CentOS] 5.2 driver for Marvell Yukon 88E8042 PCI-E Fast Ethernet controller

Wed Dec 10 06:05:35 UTC 2008
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 9:49 PM, Joseph L. Casale
<JCasale at activenetwerx.com> wrote:
>>I can't find a Linux driver for it except one that appears to require me
>>to recompile a custom kernel. I find it on the Marvell website:
>>
>>http://www.marvell.com/drivers/search.do
>
> No, you make a module with that downlaod. I also have the unfortunate luck
> to have a few systems with various Marvell nics and they aren't as good as
> Intel IMHO.

If the 88E8042 shares the same driver as 88E8056, check out this forum thread:

http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=12895&forum=40

Scroll down to note #5 and get the kABI tracking kmod-sk98lin package.
 There will be no need to rebuild the driver for each kernel update.

Akemi