[CentOS] What is Judy?

Wed Dec 10 15:34:16 UTC 2008

Mark Belanger wrote:
> Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>
>> I am trying to build Miredo 1.1.5
>> (http://www.remlab.net/miredo/devel.shtml.en)
>>
>> I have followed the rpmbuild instructions from:
>> http://www.owlriver.com/tips/non-root/, and have the miredo source in
>> ~/build/miredo-1.1.5.
>>
>> I run ./configure (as the INSTALL text file tells me to do) and get the
>> error:
>>
>> checking for Judy.h usablity... no
>> checking for Judy.h presence... no
>> checking for Judy.h... no
>> configure: WARING: If you don't care about scalability, re-run configure
>> with ' --without-Judy'.
>> configure: error: Required Judy dynamic arrays library missing.
>>

> Is it this?
> http://judy.sourceforge.net/

That looks like it, and if your Miredo relay had to support lots of
clients, I can see where this would be critical.

For my own test use, I don't need it. But if I am going to build this
for eventual larger usage, I had better get with the program. Thing is
it looks like just a c library. After I download it, where do I put it?