[CentOS] pop3 attack

Wed Dec 10 18:36:58 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 12-10-2008 9:16 AM Bill Campbell spake the following:
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2008, James Pifer wrote:
>> On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 16:26 -0500, James Pifer wrote:
>>> Thanks to all. For now I've stopped it using iptables. I tried stopping
>>> it at my router without success, yet another reason to replace it! I
>>> will also report it to abuse at covad.net.
>>>
>> My issues have gotten worse. Apparently over the last few days my ip
>> address has gotten blacklisted. No idea why. Even though I have a
>> commercial class cable modem service, my ip is residential because it
>> comes to my house. But I've been running my mail server for several
>> years and never had an issue.
>
> Your IP address, 70.62.90.185, is listed on zen.spamhaus.org, and
> you can probably go to their web site to see why it's listed.

This address is on the PBL because Time Warner says it shouldn't be sending
e-mail. He will have to use roadrunners smarthost, and see if they allow it.
If they consider it a residential account, their AUP probably bans running any
servers anyway, so he will have to deal with them.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and