[CentOS] sendmail outbound help needed

Tue Dec 16 17:07:01 UTC 2008
Bob Hoffman <bob at bobhoffman.com>

> The classic outline is here:
>
> http://www.sendmail.org/tips/virtualHosting

I found that page somewhat distressing as a first time user. Looks like they
upgraded it to the right version (last year it was out of date and missing
the whole generics file thing)

It will not help you much with some big problems of sending mail out with
virt hosts, but maybe this post can clear up some of the issues you need to
deal with, notes from my attempt. It covers most, but does not cover the
adding of secure TLS with POP and SMTP...but most steps for a centos5 are in
there.
http://www.bobhoffman.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5#p8
(its my notes, so go through it carefully and you should have a complete
system set up within about 10 minutes)

It includes the little known thing that allows mail sent from a virtual host
to make it actually show up in the 'received from' as coming from that host
name and not the server or computer name.