[CentOS] Emailing jpeg images with Evolution 2.8.0

Tue Dec 16 20:34:38 UTC 2008
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 5:24 PM, Andrew Allen <andy.allen at virgin.net> wrote:
> I recently emailed an important jpeg image to a colleague, but when he
> tried to insert it into a document it 'failed'. It appears that when
> jpegs are attached to messages, they become 'corrupted' - is this a
> known problem with evolution, and/or is there a way of solving the
> problem?

I used Evolution for years and attached a lot of .jpg images to emails
and had them sent to me. Some, I used in a Web Site, where I use M$
FrontPage, without any problem. As others have replied, I don't think
this is a problem with Evolution. Possibly something is awry with his
box, or, the SW he is using?

I have seen, recently, if I email an image to or from gmail, to
another email acount, there was one occasion where I could not open
the file normally. Don't recall the exact details.

You might try emailing it to him at his alternate email address.