[CentOS] cpuspeed problems with 5.2 and 2.6.18-92.1.18 kernel revision

Thu Dec 18 01:08:23 UTC 2008
Gregg McClintic <gregg at thegbox.com>

I've seen this on my laptop also.

Its an older thinkpad t20. Its always running slower by 200MHZ or
something close to that. I've even swapped the cpu to a newer faster
version.

Ensured cpuspeed was turned off, and still the issue persisted. Havent
loaded it with another os to see if the issue stands figured I'm a Cent
guy.. I'll deal with it.

Just as a note. It did it prior to me upgrading to 5.2 from 4.7.