[CentOS] regarding vpn server for 1500 clients

Fri Dec 19 18:48:41 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 12-19-2008 10:33 AM Les Mikesell spake the following:

>>> I've done that with a few connections - mostly connecting to Cisco
>>> routers to pass multicast streams.  I'm not sure how it would scale up
>>> in terms of the interface numbers and managing routes but it should work.
>> What was the network environment like that the tunnels went over?
>
> Some over the internet, some private, but always with fixed src/dest
> addresses and nothing going over them that couldn't have run unencrypted
> over the internet.

If it doesn't need to be encrypted, then why do you need tunnels?

Couldn't you just set a route on the remote machines and use that?
Could be as simple as a batch file/shell script.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and