[CentOS] FTPS setup problem

Fri Dec 19 23:04:11 UTC 2008
Guy Boisvert <boisvert.guy at videotron.ca>

John R Pierce wrote:
> Bill Campbell wrote:
>> As a rule, we require external developers to access our servers
>> using OpenVPN which provides a simple means of getting secure
>> access without having to deal with multiple server components.
>>

> and, at work, our GNOC guys use SSL-VPN's from Juniper, which for
> business partners are highly restricted such that they can ONLY access
> the specific server and services they have rights to.   while I'm not in
> the group that manages this, the guys who do are on my floor, and tell
> me that the global management console makes managing all this a
> breeze... we have dozens of firewalls as we're a 50000 employee global
> manufacturing company, this is all under central control.
>
> you mentioned FTP and FTPS...   I prefer whenever possible to use
> scp/sftp, as its much easier to forward through a NAT/Masquerade
> firewall.   I have no idea if Dreamweaver supports this, however.

Hi John,

	Good pointers but i'm not sure i'm up to setup a chrooted ssh
environment.  I tried that a couple of times (not on this network) and
it wasn't very practical.  I'm not saying i'm an expert at that and it
may very well be my fault if i found it cumbersome.

	vsftpd is supposed to support FTPS so it would be perfect in my situation.

Thanks!

Guy Boisvert, ing.
IngTegration inc.