[CentOS] FTPS setup problem

Fri Dec 19 23:10:17 UTC 2008
Guy Boisvert <boisvert.guy at videotron.ca>

Bob Hoffman wrote:
>> When i try, i get this error message:
>>
>> SSL/TLS client handshake failed (Error = 0x80090308)
>>

>> Does anybody could give me a pointer on this?
>>

> I really hope you post the end fulfillment of this problem as I want to do
> ssl with my vsftp and have not gotten around to it.
>
> Have you tried just restarting vsftp?
> I also find that I had to play with the user list allow/deny to get mine to
> work right.
>
> Can you, if you take out the ssl stuff, access it via ftp normally?

Hi Bob,

	Just to put all this in perspective, i'm not a "green" on CentOS and i
restarted vsftpd each time i modified my test server (it's very ok that
you asked!).  I don't consider myself an expert but i'm pretty
confortable with CentOS.

	I can reach easily the server by regular FTP, check my previously
posted config file and you'll see that i don't force local users to use
SSL.  For the remote users, i'll redirect port 990 on our firewall to
port 21 on the server.  I read that vsftpd can't use different ports for
regular FTP and FTPS so i let it be on port 21, which we use internally.

Thanks!

Guy Boisvert, ing.
IngTegration inc.