[CentOS] AHCI at boot?

Sun Dec 21 14:23:09 UTC 2008
Gordon McLellan <gordonthree at gmail.com>

Thank you Joseph, that did the trick!  After studying the man page for
mkinitrd, I also used --preload ahci to make sure the ahci driver was
the first one to look for drives.

My steps (for future reference):

1) Switch bios back to "legacy" sata mode
2) update modprobe.conf adding a scsi line for the ahci module
3) mkinitrd --preload ahci etc etc..
4) reboot, switch bios to ahci mode
5) system booted just fine!

-Gordon