[CentOS] Firefox 3.0.4 and Adobe Flash (CentOS 5 (32bit))

Mon Dec 22 18:49:50 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 12-19-2008 3:00 PM Lanny Marcus spake the following:
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 6:21 PM, MHR <mhullrich-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> <snip>
>> TigerDirect.com has a $99 box available, and it's pretty low end, but
>> it might suit your purposes.
>
> As I wrote a couple of nights ago, if I was in the USA, I would order
> one of those, without giving it a second thought.  Wonderful!   Next
> Monday morning, I am going to go to a shopping center in Cali, where
> there are *lots* of stores that sell computer stuff and see if I can
> come up with something like that.
>
> We have four (4) Dell Dimension boxes and their support here is
> *SUPER*, but they use proprietary cases, motherboards and power
> supplies. Their quote of USD$237 for a new motherboard is probably not
> something I am going to follow up on. The box is running most of the
> time, which is puzzling, because it is an intermittent problem.
>
> My wife just made me an offer I may refuse: She told me to go to the
> Dell web site for Colombia and look for a new, inexpensive box there.
> They have one with Ubuntu Linux on it, for about US$700 with a monitor
> and 3 year in house warranty. Maybe.....       :-)
While you are looking on the Dell site, sometimes they have some good deals
under the "Reconditioned" systems. Most of them have had nothing more than
someone got the system and sent it back within the 30 days because they didn't
like it. They are usually at least 20% cheaper.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and