[CentOS] regarding vpn server for 1500 clients

Mon Dec 22 18:58:43 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 12-20-2008 11:52 PM Dhaval Thakar spake the following:
>> Just out of my own curriosity have you gave the thought of using
>> deadicated
>> or virtual circuits for the VPN implimentation? Like Frame Relay or ATM?
>> Are
>> you passing off the connections to a secondairy network access server? Or
>> how do you plan on rolling this out, configuration wise?
>>
> user will connect vpn using isp leased line.
> vpn server in dmz.
> application server is in inside network.
> no planing for atm / frame relay.
I still think this would be best served with a web based application. The
database connections could stay local to the web server and cut the bandwidth
requirements and be more secure. The web apps would easily run over SSL and be
secure and happy. The upfront work would be easily offset by not having to
have the equivalent of a fractional DS3 connection to the internet.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and