[CentOS] UDEV rule allow users to unmount USB stick

Tue Dec 23 10:57:41 UTC 2008
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 7:56 PM, Philip Manuel <phil at zomojo.com> wrote:
<snip>
>> Are we talking about USB Memory here? If so, I have not seen this
>> issue. I've never used USB Memory while logged in as root. I'm using
>> CentOS 5 (32 bit).
<snip>
> Yes the usb stick/memory mounts correctly, but then they are not allowed
> to unmount it, using for example umount /media/device  We are using
> Centos5.2 64bit

I see that you are using 64 bit, I'm using 32 bit, but I doubt that
this would work differently, between the 2 versions of the OS. As Mark
(mhr) wrote, if you use GNOME, just right click the icon, to unmount
the USB stick.