[CentOS] [OT SOLVED... sort of] Firefox loses plugins, anyone else? Bug? Known?

Wed Dec 24 00:25:23 UTC 2008
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

I figured I better post a SOLVED for this. In the main thread it is
still open as to whether a new bug should be posted.

Short form: don't have FF check and set itself as default browser,
rather run

   gnome-default-applications-properties

and select the firefox icon rather than "Custom" command.