[CentOS] tripwire on centos 5

Wed Dec 24 18:22:43 UTC 2008
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 2:58 PM, Mariusz <settlerk at atp-czesci.pl> wrote:
> Does anybody use tripwire on centos 5? Has anybody checked that:
> http://www.linickx.com/archives/281/tripwire-2411-rpm-for-centos-redhat-rhel-4 on
> centos5?

I am a little off from using tripwire these days... when I last looked
at it, it didn't seem to be getting much support upstream (last
release over a year ago)... and the bugs have been open/unassigned for
that a year. The system that comes with RHEL-5 is called aide and is
getting active support from the Red Hat developers on getting it tied
into a centralized plugin structure using prelude and snort. Just
using the normal aide seemed to fit the bill that is needed.

However if tripwire is required for audit/checklist reasons:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/testing/5/i386/

has a copy...

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux