[CentOS] Please share some RHCE/RHCT learning material

Thu Dec 25 22:47:53 UTC 2008
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 10:39 AM, Barry Brimer <lists at brimer.org> wrote:
<snip>
>> As a previous reply mentioned, there are two (2) factors in the Red
>> Hat certification process. The first is the written examination. The
>> second part is a hands on test, to administer a box. Many people who
>> do very well on the written examination, fail the hands on test. Learn
>> how to do that, very well, before you take the certification tests. GL
>
> When I first took the RHCE on RHL 7.1 (2001) there was a written exam
> section and two hands-on sections.  When I updated my RHCE on RHEL 4
> (2005) there were two hands-on sections.  According to the RHCT/RHCE prep
> guide <http://www.redhat.com/certification/rhce/prep_guide/> the RHCE
> guidelines are as follows:
>
> For RHCE exams given on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 and higher, the exam is
> organized as follows:
>
>     * Troubleshooting and System Maintenance  2.5 hours
>     * Installation and Configuration  3.0 hours
>
> Where do you find information stating that there is a written section to
> the exam?

If they have completely eliminated the written examinations, that,
IMHO, makes the Red Hat certifications even more respected, than they
were with written/hands on examinations. One can memorize things for
written examinations (and many people do), but the hands on is
something one either knows or doesn't know.