[CentOS] yum install audacity --enablerepo=*\rpmforge Error in Dependency Resolution

Fri Dec 26 21:45:55 UTC 2008
JohnS <jses27 at gmail.com>

On Fri, 2008-12-26 at 13:14 -0800, MHR wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 12:35 PM, JohnS <jses27 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > And this is the same way you done this?
> >
> > johnStanley
> >

> I used the method described in the forum to install audacity-nonfree
> (except that for the 32 bit version, there were a couple of libraries
> I needed to add - libsample<something> and its -devel, which are yum
> installable from the base).
>
> I was using audacity to normalize a slew of mp3s I'd downloaded so
> they wouldnt be so dynamically different from others in the same
> playlist.  I've never tried to use it to convert a MIDI file to an
> MP3, but if it can read and play the MIDI file, it will allow you to
> export it to WAV, MP3, OGG or <I forget> format.
>
> BTW, the audacity-nonfree is free, but it includes the LAME encoder
> for MP# exports, which the base audacity did/does _not_ include.
>
> Here are the libraries I installed on my 32-bit work desktop (YMMV):
>
> compat-wxGTK26-2.6.4-2.el5.ccrma
> libsamplerate-devel-0.1.2-1.2.el5.rf
> libsamplerate-0.1.2-1.2.el5.rf
> audacity-nonfree-1.3.2-0.4.beta.lvn6

Thanks for the help Mark. so far I have all packages needed except wxGTK
rather big for a dialup connection. Will get it later tonight at work.

yum install libsamplerate --enablerepo=*\rpmforge
yum install libsamplerate-devel --enablerepo=*\rpmforge
rpm -Uvh soundtouch-1.3.1-6.el5.ccrma.i386.rpm ccrma
rpm -Uvh wxCompat ccrma
rpm -i --nodeps audacity-1.3.5-0.5.beta.el5.ccrma.i386.rpm
yum install wxGTK.i386 --enablerepo=*\rpmforge

If the audacity from crma is not free? Then I will check out the livna
one. I'm thing I should not need the devel libs either.

thanks for the help

JohnStanley