[CentOS] CD burning issues & questions

Wed Dec 31 19:09:32 UTC 2008
MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 10:37 AM, William L. Maltby
<CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com> wrote:

> As to the "in use" part, I'll make a SWAG (Scientific Wild-Ass Guess).
>
> With a normal desktop, when you insert a CD/DVD that has something
> recognizable on it, an "automount" occurs that gives you access to the
> thing from your desktop. I know notthing about the k3*, so I don't know
> if the following is possible.
>
> Is it possible that it is mounted as another user? If it is mounted at
> all, does k3* allow you to erase, write, etc? I would think that it
> would need to be un-mounted for that to occur.

Actually, I did think of that.  I tried running the cdrecord erase
command with sudo (as root) and it made no difference - still couldn't
"lock" the device.

Should I unmount the disk and then try the erase command?  That seems
kind of odd, but I'll try it tonight anyway....

Thanks.

mhr