NFS problem in the latest kernel (Was: [CentOS] MySQL issues with kernel-2.6.18-53.1.6.el5.x86_64.rpm)

Bent Terp

bent at nagstrup.dk
Fri Feb 1 08:42:42 UTC 2008

On Jan 31, 2008 6:21 PM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:
> This problem does not seem to be associated with specific hardware as
> implied in the original thread.

I did not intend to imply any such thing, at least not as far as the
client is concerned, we've verified this on different hardware from
different suppliers.

To me, this is an inter-op issue with the new kernel and EMC's celerra
NFS server, and am currently working it together with EMC tech support
- obviously it may affect other nfs servers as well; we can only test
against what we have.

BR Bent