[CentOS] Help with authenticating against Active Directory.

Jeff Larsen jlar310 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 16:47:10 UTC 2008

On Feb 1, 2008 10:20 AM,  <centos at 911networks.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 09:49:47 -0600
> "Jeff Larsen" <jlar310 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > 1. I have the same problem, but the admin does not want to
> > > install Microsoft Services For UNIX.
> >
> > That's unfortunate. It's really quite non-invasive
>
> The admin does not want to do any change to deal with only 1 user
> [me]
>

> > > 2. You mention 2003R2, does something needs to installed,
> > > deployed? I don't see the Unix attributes.
> >
> > - Add/Remove Programs
> > - - Add/Remove Windows Components
> > - - - Active Directory Services
> > - - - - Identity Management for UNIX
>
> The admin does not want to do any change to deal with only 1 user
> [me], so there is no other way than XP within vmware?

I'm not sure what problem you are trying to solve with that. Samba
might be an option for you if your domain admin will let you join a
linux machine to the domain. But I am not a Samba expert, so you'll
have to seek advice from someone else. My advocating for nss_ldap is
for the purpose of full-scale single sign-on.

--
Jeff