[CentOS] centos 4.6 and openssl

Paul A

razor at meganet.net
Fri Feb 1 17:49:10 UTC 2008

Hi,

I was compiling a new version of bind on my centos 4.6 server and I
discovered that the openssl version (openssl-0.9.7a-43.17.el4_6.1) has
several exploits associated with it.
I was wondering aside from removing the RPM and compiling a new version of
openssl how can I upgrade my current openssl-0.9.7a-43.17.el4_6.1 to a newer
version that is affected by the exploits.
I know I can yum update openssl as that's is the last version for openssl
for version 4.

What can I do upgrade openssl?
Is it possible to update the server from 4.6 to 5?, is this something that I
want to do or is there a better way?

TIA, Paul