[CentOS] cpu type

Jimmy Bradley bmobile40 at bellsouth.net
Sun Feb 3 12:21:33 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-02-03 at 12:12 +0000, Steve Searle wrote:
> Around 12:06pm on Sunday, February 03, 2008 (UK time), Jimmy Bradley scrawled:
>
> > and open it up to find out. Is there a command entered by way of the
> > terminal window that will tell me what kind of cpu I have? I want to say
> > that it's an AMD sempron 3000+, but I'm not sure.
>
> cat /proc/cpuinfo
>
> Steve

Thanks,
Below is my cpu info. I'm thinking it's a 32bit cpu. Correct me if I'm
wrong please.
While I'm on the subject, I have a 64bit board that I haven't installed
in a case yet. Plus I still need to get a cpu for it. My question is,
would I really gain anything right now by going to a 64bit machine? Sure
I know I would if I was doing graphics and multimedia, but I'm just
doing record keeping,plus the other regular computer stuff, finances and
email, and so on.

Jim
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 15
model           : 44
model name      : Mobile AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3000+
stepping        : 2
cpu MHz         : 800.000
cache size      : 128 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt
3dnowext 3dnow up pni lahf_lm ts fid vid ttp tm stc
bogomips        : 1601.05