[CentOS] Strange gpg problem

Anne Wilson

cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 5 10:06:59 UTC 2008

When I read a message signed by a gpg key that is not already on my keyring I
have runaway cpu usage.  To end it I have to 'killall gpg' - at which the
display returns, but of course it has not connected with the keyserver, so
the key is not downloaded and I get a 'signature not verified' error
message..  What's more, although the display has returned, I have to 'killall
gpg' a second time, to return cpu usage to normal.

I'm at a loss where to start troubleshooting this.  Could it be a firewall
problem?

Anne