[CentOS] Re: system gets suspended automatically!

Tru Huynh tru at centos.org
Wed Feb 6 13:35:21 UTC 2008

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 09:48:35PM +0900, Chandra wrote:
> > Do you have any power saving settings turned on in the bios?
> This is a dell computer and it has a power managment option in BIOS.
> However, I changed it to not-to-save energy mode. After this, I found
> that the computer restarts rather than hanging.

Looks like some hardware crash to me, otherwise you would have
some logs for oops/hangs.

Can you make available somewhere your /var/log/messages (don't
send a few MB file to the list)
and the /proc/cmdline content ?

You said you used "acpi=off" and acpid disabled is it still the case?

~> chkconfig --list cpuspeed
cpuspeed        0:off   1:on    2:off   3:off   4:off   5:off   6:off

Try a burnout test with tools like prime95:
ftp://mersenne.org/gimps/mprime2414.tar.gz

ref:
http://www.playtool.com/pages/prime95/prime95.html
http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft.htm

Tru