[CentOS] Re: Trouble Ticket System

Ray Van Dolson rayvd at bludgeon.org
Wed Feb 6 14:19:40 UTC 2008

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 09:53:24AM +0000, Jeremy Sanders wrote:
> Jun Salen wrote:
>
> > Last year, I tried to installed and evaluate the following OSS web base
> > trouble ticketing system. This is for me to track history on our IT
> > related issues. Those that I tried are the PHP Ticket, DanPHPSupport, Epix
> > Power Support, ruQueue, Ticket Express, OTRS, PMOS Help Desk and eTicket.
> > From those, PMOS and eTicket are my top picks. I have problem installing
> > OTRS the last time, so I am unable to evaluate that but will try later.
> > The problem with PMOS is that the developer want to give up the project
> > last time I checked. Aside from the mentioned above, can you suggest
> > others that are better. Any advice from other experiences please. Thank
> > you very much.
>
> Have you looked at trac? I find it is an excellent bit of software.
>
> Jeremy

Agreed.  I've adapted it for use as my personal task tracker.  It's
more geared towards project management and bug handling, but with a
little configuration works great as a ticketing system also.

I used their Python API to write a little procmail script to insert
emails into the ticket database as well.  Very handy.

It'd be kinda neat to see someone put some work into the Track
ticketing system to make it a little more geared towards help desks and
the like... but even as is it's very functional.

Ray