[CentOS] poppler-utils missing pdftoppm

Ralph Angenendt ra+centos at br-online.de
Thu Feb 7 16:13:45 UTC 2008

Max Hetrick wrote:
> Ralph Angenendt wrote:
>
> > Looks like a bug - probably happened when poppler-utils and xpdf still
> > were installable side by side (and both provided pdftoppm). Though I
> > found no bug report upstream regarding that issue - is noone missing
> > pdftoppm?
>
> Thanks, Ralph.
>
> Is there anything that you'd like me to do so that a bug report could be
> filed?

Hmmm. I just rebuilt from the tar.gz which is in Upstream's SRPM - this
doesn't build pdftoppm, although the Source is there.

Okay. The spec file does a:

%configure --enable-cairo-output --disable-splash-output

ChangeLog says:

2006-02-23  Albert Astals Cid  <aacid at kde.org>

        * utils/Makefile.am: Do not build pdftoppm when SplashOutputDev
        * is disabled as that does not work

rpm -q --changelog poppler says:

* Mon Sep 05 2005 Kristian Høgsberg <krh at redhat.com> - 0.4.2-1
- Update to 0.4.2 and disable splash backend so we don't build it.

I think that explains it. Up to you if you want to file a bug report.
But that sounds more like an RFE to me.

Cheers,

Ralph