[CentOS] Date/Time config 'behind the scenes'

Bill Campbell centos at celestial.com
Fri Feb 8 01:48:41 UTC 2008

On Thu, Feb 07, 2008, Tim Alberts wrote:
>The GUI tool to set date time works great when your running X or
>whatever, but what is it really doing in the background?  How do I setup
>automatic time synchronization from the command line?

A method I frequently use to figure out what's going on under the covers is
to create a file to use as a time stamp, modify something with a GUI, then
use find to see what has been changed.

touch /tmp/timestamp
# do something GUIish
find /etc -newer /tmp/timestamp > /tmp/changelist

Bill

The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will go to the stars...
    -Dr. Isaac Asimov