[CentOS] Apache RPM's

Bob Boilard

bboilard at i4market.com
Wed Feb 13 05:15:19 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I love CentOS, but I am seriously regretting selecting Centos 4.4 for my
production hosting servers. The current situation with CentOS 4.4 and being
stuck at Apache 2.0.52 is a huge problem because of the new requirements for
the Credit Card industry PCI scan. Apache 2.0.52 does not pass PCI
compliance scans. which means no ecommerce on any of these servers - MAJOR
ISSUE. So my question to the community is: when are new Apache RPM's going
to be released or at minimum a backported version that plugs these security
holes so we can pass PCI scans. Apache 2.0.52 has some major issues that
need to be dealt with?

Help us out here. I know I am not the only one in this situation. every
hosting company that uses Ensim Pro X is just where I am.
Any insight or better yet a solution to this would be great.