[CentOS] RE: [Iscsitarget-devel] Performance Question

Joseph L. Casale

jcasale at ActiveNetwerx.com
Thu Feb 14 00:16:46 UTC 2008

>Yes, jumbo frames, no irq coalescence, blockio and see if
>you can get Backup Exec to use large io request sizes when
>reading and writing the data. The larger the better.

Ok, Jumbo's enabled on the switch and media server. For the sake of our sanity jumping back and forth, I am trying to enable jumbo's on the bonded pair in the target, # ifconfig bond0 mtu 9014 and it errors out? Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Also, where do I tune irq coalescence?

Thanks!
jlc