[CentOS] Kernel 2.6.18-53.1.13.el5 fails on network.

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Thu Feb 14 15:39:27 UTC 2008

Steven Haigh wrote:

> I have a bit of trouble with this, as the only person that can do it is
> around 30 minutes travel from the colo. As the system boots, I'm thinking of
> writing a script that will gather this, then reboot the system after
> changing the default=x line in /etc/grub.conf - however obviously I want to
> make sure it works 100% before I tell the machine to reboot ;)

I looked at your original email again, and if I read your previous
kernel right it's over a year since you last updated the kernel?
(2.6.18-8 was released 1/07 by RH, though I can't find 8.1.8)

I was browsing through the change log and saw several e100 related
changes, which could be related to the network end of your problems.
Without more detailed information as to error messages and stuff
for the failures the best thing I can suggest at this point is
to try a few kernels in between the one you were on and the latest
and see if any of them break, likely they will as the latest kernel
only has 1 change in it. Maybe you can narrow it down to a
particular kernel rev that came out.

nate