[CentOS] New kernel (2.6.18-53.1.13) generates "unknown attribute" errors during boot

MHR

mhullrich at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 09:45:02 UTC 2008

I've seen this now a few times, but of course I didn't write them
down, so I may have the wording a little off.

The new kernel seems to contain something in udevd that is now
generating a whole slew of unknown attribute(or something like that)
errors during the boot, before the part where dmesg picks up.

They don't seem to be causing any actual problems while the system is
up and running, but....

Anyone know anything about this (and what)?

Curious.

mhr