[CentOS] problems with iscsiadm

Maysara A. Abdulhaq

maysara.abdulhaq at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 15:02:15 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm fairly new to centos and to iscsi, I have installed a fresh copy
of centos (CentOS release 5 (Final)) and installed
iscsi-initator-utils, iscsiadm -V shows iscsiadm version 2.0-865 .

when i try to connect to iscsi target it doesnt work ... it just stays
idle , i try something like:

iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p 172.20.2.76 show

or with -m node .... --login ...etc, none works.

using the same configuration on ubuntu gutsy, same version things work!

i also made both /etc/iscsi/iscsid.conf identical ... no luck :(

i did tcpdump too (-vv -n ) and then grep the ip of the iscsi target,
i see no traffic to the iscsi target at all on the centos machine, i
tried it on the other machine it works :S

Is there anything else to check? firewalls are all shutdown on all
nodes ... i tried switching ips too ..

any hint is greatly valued, thank you

--
Maysara A. A.