[CentOS] Best way to install non-official packages?

Fabian Arrotin fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Mon Feb 18 20:39:04 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 20:21 +0000, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> Sooner or later everyone needs to install a package that is not
> included on the official installation CDs/DVD. Until now I just used
> rpmseek.com and Rpmfind.Net but of course this is far from optimal for
> security and compatibility to reasons.
>
> So what is the recommended way to get and install "non official"
> packages that are not part of the repository?!
>

> Thorsten
http://wiki.centos.org/Repositories .. and search if the package you
want doesn't already exist in such third-party repositories ..
Otherwise, try to find an existing SRPM that can be rebuild and/or
submit a spec file ;-)
--
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>
"Internet network currently down, TCP/IP packets delivered now by