[CentOS] Yum not updating kernel

Bob Taylor bob8221 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 06:56:58 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 20:24 -0800, Akemi Yagi wrote:

> yum install yum-repolist

> Then run:

yum repolist

> to list all the repos you have on your system and their status.

After running yum install yum-repolist
yum repolist is:

repo id         repo name                           status
priority
=======         =========                           ======
========
rpmforge        Red Hat Enterprise 5 - RPMforge.net enabled         99
base            CentOS-5 - Base                     enabled         99
updates         CentOS-5 - Updates                  enabled         99
c5-media        CentOS-5 - Media                    disabled        99
centosplus      CentOS-5 - Plus                     enabled         99
addons          CentOS-5 - Addons                   enabled         99
extras          CentOS-5 - Extras                   enabled         99

Looks OK to me. What the hell is our problem? All my updates are via
yum. I received 1 updated kernel in September and none since.

--
Bob Taylor