[CentOS] named dead but subsys locked

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 18:10:46 UTC 2008

On Feb 19, 2008 11:14 AM, Paul A <razor at meganet.net> wrote:
> I guess I can use the bind-chroot rpm, ill give that a shot

I didn't mean my previous post to come across as (overly) hostile, but
I don't fully understand why people build from source 90% of the time.
If there's a feature that you need which hasn't found its way into
centos or upstream yet, then rebuilding might make sense, but you
really should stay within the package management framework of the
distribution. If you have two separate paths for installation (source
builds vs rpm) eventually those two are going to cross paths, and
sooner or later, they're going to get into a fight.

It really doesn't matter if it's debian, ubuntu, centos, RHEL, or
fedora. You should really play within the packaging framework your
distribution supports.

George Orwell