[CentOS] Yum not updating kernel

Bob Taylor bob8221 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 22:35:23 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 15:58 -0600, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> Bob Taylor wrote:

[snip]

> sounds like the mirror you are updating from is not up to date.

I *think* I'm using
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/updates/$basearch/

I have found that there is no kernel at rpmforge so I have commented out
all mirror urls in /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo file and disabled
the rpmforge.repo file setting enabled=0. I have also set priority=1.
This creates a problem updating the kernel if you have rpms from
rpmforge. Is there a fix for this?

>From what I gather from the message "Could not find update match for
kernel". This is my problem. Why can't it find this match. What match is
yum looking for?

> We currently know that one mirror is bad:
>
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-mirror/2008-February/002532.html
>
> Please look at the file "/var/cache/yum/timedhosts.txt" and see the
> first server from that list.  If it is not a belnet.be mirror, please
> tell me which one it is, as it may be out of date.

I don't have this file.

--
Bob Taylor