[CentOS] OT: Thunderbird2 for 64 bits

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Fri Feb 22 15:46:25 UTC 2008

carlopmart wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   Somebody knows from where can I download 64 bits version of Thunderbird2??
> In
> mozilla's website only 32 bits exists.

I'd suggest sticking to 32-bit. Thunderbird is already a memory pig,
using 64-bit version would only make it worse.

My Thunderbird has been running for about 18 hours and is using
over 200MB of memory already(2.0.0.6).

In 64-bit mode I wouldn't be surprised if the same usage would
come out to 500MB+ memory usage.

Of course if you have enough memory not to care to set aside half
a gig to your e-mail client then go for it.

nate