[CentOS] Yum not updating kernel

Ray Van Dolson rayvd at bludgeon.org
Sat Feb 23 18:54:51 UTC 2008

> Someone just said *not* to use protect and priority together.
>
> Red Hat has a propensity to remove any documentation on a package that
> does not have a man page. Sometimes it's included in /usr/share/doc and
> sometimes in /usr/lib and sometimes it's just not there. There is,
> hopefully *some* documentation on plugins other than how to write one. I
> would like to know *what* plugins actually *do*.

At this point I don't think it even matters.  You need to just get back
to the simplest configuration possible.  That means:

  * Remove ALL plugins
  * Disable ALL third party repo's.
  * Do a yum clean all
  * Revert to the default CentOS .repo files
  * Revert to default yum.conf file

If it works in this configuration, you can start adding things back one
at a time.

Maybe you've already tried this, I don't know.  It's been a long
thread. :)

Ray