[CentOS] CentOS serial questions (Hyperterminal equiv and connecting to server via Hyperterminal)

Rogelio

scubacuda at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 16:36:34 UTC 2008

I have two serial-related questions

(1) What is the CentOS (or *nix) equivalent of Hyperterminal in Windows?
Sometimes I'm on a CentOS box and need to, say, console into a Cisco or
something.

and

(2) I have a CentOS server that I may need to transport somewhere and will
most likely *not* want to carry around the monitor. Where should I look in
connecting to my server via a serial connection?

(I'm more on the network end of things, and am hoping for a nudge in the
right direction on these two questions)