[CentOS] centos 5.1 install , 3ware raid card...

Tom Bishop

bishoptf at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 01:20:03 UTC 2008

Installing a new system using a 3ware card, raid 5 across 4 disks,
partition, format went smothly and loaded the apps that I need, but for some
reason it appears grub was not installed, or not completely.  I am wanting
to boot from the array, when installing grub on the loader it asks whether
to install MBR on the first partition.  Should I use the partition instead
of the MBR?  When I boot up in rescue mode and go to /boot/grub all I see is
splash....no other files.  Any suggestions would be welcome...thanks.