[CentOS] Huge mailq

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 01:42:40 UTC 2008

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 9:05 AM, Jason Pyeron <jpyeron at pdinc.us> wrote:
> Where should we start on preventing this type of problem?
>
> [root at server34 mqueue]# find | wc -l
> 185259

Short answer: We can't.

Long answer: Need to know a lot more about the problem before one can
even try to fix a problem like this:

1) What are the emails from? Single program? Single user? Multiple issues etc
2) Where are the emails coming from?
3) Who are the emails are going to?
4) What kind of network setting is it.
5) What kind of server is this? [Mail server, mail gateway, personal
desktop, etc]

These are just starting questions..